Welcome to Methodological Innovation, Development, Adaptation & Support Theme (MIDAS)
• MIDAS provides methodological support for, and produces, applied research in health, wellbeing and social care
• We are involved in research on the benefits, harms and costs of providing, and of factors affecting people using, health and social care
• We work closely with clinicians, service provides, patients and public advisors and academics, providing guidance on developing and delivering research programmes
• We provide training courses and educational guides on research methodology
• We undertake research to develop new, or adapt existing, research methods
Our work is underpinned by Health Equity, Capacity Development, Patient and Public Involvement and Co-Production.
Contact for enquiries: ARCNWC-MIDAS@uclan.ac.uk
COVID 19 RESEARCH
MIDAS is undertaking exhaustive Covid-19 related systematic reviews:
Doherty, AJ., Benedetto, V., Harris, C., Hill, J., Boland P., Christian D., Bhutani G.E., Clegg, AJ. `The effectiveness of interventions for the psychological impacts on the general population and healthcare workers exposed to mass outbreaks: a systematic review.’ Reference: CRD42020182094.