How do we support capacity building
• To develop a culture of capacity building for applied health research and implementation
• To engage with Member organisations (AHSNs, NHS, Local Authorities, and other organisations)
• To ensure engagement of the public, and service users in our capacity building activities/programme
• To develop people individually
• To develop models of collaborative working with Member organisations
• To evaluate the process, outcomes, and impacts of capacity building activities
• Must involve co-production with patients, public, carers, service users.
• Must identify and address Health Inequalities.
• Training varies dependent on the Internship stream but can include:
• Enrolment on taught modules,
• Bespoke taught sessions,
• Dedicated supervisor(s),
• Identification of mentor(s),
• Dissemination and networking opportunities.
PhD studentship opportunities
Full time (three years) PhD Studentship opportunities including
Research consumables budget
Topics must be:
Aligned to an ARC Theme, have Theme Lead approval
Consult the Health Inequalities Assessment Toolkit (HIAT)
Support and enable patient and public involvement
Please get in touch with us at ARCNWC-IMPACT@uclan.ac.uk for enquiries.
To learn more about our current PhD students and interns, click here.